The Best 2021 Australian Business Awards to enter
If you want to boost the profile of your business, there’s nothing like winning or being shortlisted as a finalist in a prestigious business award. To achieve this, you’ll first need to decide which 2021 Australian Business Awards you wish to enter.
Whether you’re new to business or more established, there’s an award and category to suit you.
Don’t be daunted by the application process. Just be sure to start early and take your time when preparing your entry.
The rewards of entering are great
- Networking opportunity with industry experts and important contacts,
- The opportunity to benchmark your business amongst your industry
- Awards help you build trust and credibility with customers and your community
- Becoming a finalist or winner gives you bragging rights
- Being shortlisted as a finalist or winning a business award is a very newsworthy way to gain media coverage
- Receiving recognition as the business owner
- Demonstrating how much you value your team.
Where to start
To get you started, we’ve compiled a list of the best Australian Business Awards on offer in 2021. Compile a shortlist, then research the individual awards and categories you wish to enter. Select your categories based on your strengths and eligibility.
Firstly, ensure you fit the criteria for the award. Check you’re able to answer the questions fully and accurately while highlighting your achievements.
Once you’ve selected the award, make a note of the nomination and closing dates, then work back from there, but don’t leave it until the last minute to enter…
For first-time entrants, we suggest you start by researching your local or regional business network or Chamber of Commerce. Depending on your industry, this can be a great way to get shortlisted as a finalist or win an award at the local level.
List of 2021 Australian Business Awards
Local/Regional Level Awards
- NSW Business Chamber Awards – winners at local level go to the State level
- City of Sydney Business Awards
- Brisbane Lor Mayor’s Business Awards
- Melbourne Business Awards
- Tasmanian Community Achievement Awards
- The Local Business Awards
General Business Awards
- Australian Small Business Champion Awards
- Telstra Australia Business Awards
- The Australian Business Awards
- Australian Small Business Awards
- Better Business Awards
- MyBusiness Awards
- SmartCompany Resilience Awards
- ABA100 Business Innovation Awards
Women’s Business Awards
- Telstra Businesswomen’s Awards – National
- Women in Business Awards
- Cartier Women’s Initiative
- The Stevie Awards for Women in Business
- Queensland Resources Council Awards for Women
- Women in Technology Awards
- Rural Women’s Award
- Women in Construction Awards
- Women in Engineering Awards
- Zonta International Awards
- REI Awards – NSW, QLD, WA, SA, VIC, TAS
- REB Awards
- The AREAS for Real Estate Excellence
- UDIA Awards for Excellence – QLD
- Mortgage and Finance Industry Association of Australia Awards
- Australian Retailer Awards
- Publishers Australia Excellence Awards
- Australian Marketing Institute Awards
Young Achiever Awards
- Business News – 40 Under 40 Awards
- Brisbane Young Entrepreneur Awards
- B&T Under 30 Awards
- Young Entrepreneur Awards
*NOTE: This list has been compiled based on 2020 information. Some of the above awards may not be running in 2021. We strongly advise you to check the relevant Awards website for the most up-to-date information.
Writing a winning awards entry
Decided on the award you’d like to enter. Read the questions THOROUGHLY. Don’t be daunted by the questions or the application process. You can’t win it unless you’re in it!
Need help? Yes, we can assist you with the process. We collaborate with you to write your submission, tapping into our expertise as we coach and guide you through the entire application process.
We’ve compiled and written dozens of successful business award submissions. In fact, we have a 93.75% success rate for clients being shortlisted as finalists or becoming winners. We’re pretty proud of that – and we’d love to help you join our winner’s list.
Will you win one of these 2021 Australian Business Awards?
Contact us today to arrange a complimentary 10-15 minute discovery session and let’s make 2021 the year you bring home the trophy!
If you found these tips helpful, please like and/or share with your business associates or LinkedIn connections.
Hi, I’m Lyndall Guinery-Smith, business owner and chief word wrangler at The Professional Writer. My team and I write content dedicated to attracting and engaging your ideal clients … and improving your bottom line. This includes website content, capability statements, company profiles, team bios, business award nominations, blog post packages and more. We happily work with clients all over Australia. Email us to arrange an obligation-free discussion about your latest project.