EXPERIENCE | EXPERTISE | ENTHUSIASM
Hi, I’m Lyndall Guinery-Smith – The Professional Writer. I’ve been helping small businesses to stand out, attract clients and secure new business opportunities since 1998.
I work from my home office in Tweed Heads, Northern New South Wales, Australia, where I’ve lived for the past 25 years, having made a sea-change from Sydney all those years ago.
To assist in the growth of your business and improve your bottom line by delivering excellent marketing copy and communications – both on time and within budget.
My Core Values
As The Professional Writer, the following values are at the core of everything I do:
- Honesty and integrity – As it’s my aim to create a strong and successful working relationship with you by building trust. I’m committed to upholding the highest professional standards and I’ll communicate in an honest, open and fair manner at all times.
- Mutual respect – I treat all clients and strategic partners with the utmost respect – and trust that I’ll enjoy your respect in return.
- Passion – I love what I do and am committed to providing the best possible outcomes for you at all times.
- Work ethic – I pride myself in going above and beyond to create loyalty, one client at a time. In fact, my business is based on referrals from happy clients. I’m also proud to say that I’ve never missed a deadline!
- A friendly approach – I’m down-to-earth and approachable. I have a no-BS attitude and prefer to deal with those who think the same way. I work from home, and don’t pretend to have a fancy corporate office, which keeps my overheads (and yours) low.
- Excellence – I take pride in my work and I’m dedicated to delivering excellence in my services. I undertake regular ongoing education and continually innovate to ensure you receive only the best quality outcomes – delivered on time and on budget.
- Balance – I strive to have some semblance of balance between my family, health, spirituality and work. I am Mum to two teenage children, so it’s great to have a flexible job.
My Education and Experience
I hold a Graduate Diploma in Business, Certificate IV in Small Business Management and Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment. I’ve also been a tutor for the Australian College of Business & Marketing, as well as Adult Community Education, and participated as a Mentor in the Women in Business Mentoring Program run by Industry & Investment NSW.
My comprehensive work experience includes roles as a small business manager, office manager, workplace trainer and marketing manager – with more than 20 years spent in the Real Estate industry. I’ve also owned two small businesses, so I have a thorough understanding of how small business owners think and operate.
I’m a native English speaker and have been educated entirely in Australia. I’m passionate about words and marketing, and I’m dedicated to crafting your story to facilitate the growth of your business and enhance your profits.
I happily work with clients throughout Australia – hear what they have to say about me.
Are you a small business owner? Want to connect with more customers and form great relationships with them? We need to talk. I love working with business owners who are passionate about what they do and keen to spread the word about it. My clients come from a wide cross-section of industries, from property/real estate to transport, sports and recreation, building trades, professional services and loads more. They all have one thing in common … the knowledge that they must build a strong connection with their customers to grow their business. I’d love to chat about how I can help you. Please feel free to EMAIL ME, Lyndall Guinery-Smith, and we’ll take it from there.
More on my ‘Back Story’ – or How I got started as a writer
You could say I was born into storytelling. My Dad was a master of the story. Coming from an Italian background, his hands told as much of the story as his words did. Under his guidance, I ‘published’ my first hand-written book at age 8, complete with pencil illustrations and lots of crossing out (there were no word processors or liquid paper in those days!).
Fast forward to my working life
My favourite part of being an Office Manager was writing newsletters and reports. OK, so I’m a bit of a geek! When I completed the Graduate Diploma in Business, marketing was my favourite subject, as it called on my writing skills. Yes, I’m definitely a geek, but in a good way!
A few years later, I had a career change and followed my passion for Antiques and Old Wares to open a shop. It was the early 90’s and this stuff was REALLY popular. Again, I enjoyed sending out regular newsletters to my customers. Some of them even told me they were keeping my newsletters as a reference on how to restore their old furniture! Ding ding – what a great idea for a book!
In 1997, my first book titled, ‘My Grandmother had one of those: A guide to identifying, collecting and protecting Australian furniture 1900-1940’. It was published by real-life publishers Harper Collins – Woohoo!
The next chapter
In 1998, I combined my now comprehensive writing skills and business experience, to set up a The Professional Writer. Since then, I’ve written for many small and large businesses in a wide cross-section of industries, from Real Estate to financial advisors, transport to employment, health & fitness to floristry. I take the time to listen and understand all my clients, their business and their target markets, so no matter which industry you’re in, I can help you.
Smart business people hire me for my copywriting skills – saving them precious time and effort. I write web pages, biographies, magazine articles, eBooks, procedures manuals, training programs, newsletters, marketing copy, personal profiles and company profiles… and just about any other business communication you may need.
In addition to Professional Writer, my latest venture is Seize The Day Project, a blog where I share stories to inspire women to dust off your dreams and start living a life you love by seizing the day! Check it out by clicking on the link above.
I look forward to working with you. If you’d like a to discuss your project or receive a quote, please EMAIL ME and we’ll take it from there.
“I’ve learned that the only way you are going to get anywhere in life is to work hard at it. Whether you’re a musician, a writer, an athlete or a businessman, there’s no getting around it. If you do, you’ll win – if you don’t, you won’t!” C Jenner