7 ways to bring creative thinking alive in your business
Creative thinking is essential in today’s fast-paced business world. If you’re able to regularly tap into your creativity and come up with innovative new ideas, you’re likely to be streets ahead of your competition.
Here’s some suggestions to stimulate your creative thinking:
- Teamwork – Get your team together (or gather friends and associates if you don’t have a team), take time out – away from all distractions – and brain storm! Firstly, come up with a list of issues you need to address, then one at a time, discuss each issue openly without dismissing any suggestions at first – explore every option.
- Customer Focus – Take a close look at your current customers. Draw up a profile of your “typical” customer and assess how you serve them now. Think of ways you can serve them better – or ASK them how you can via a survey.
- Meditate – Don’t knock it if you’ve never tried it! Get yourself a guided meditation to start. You can do just 10-15 minutes each day, focusing on one issue each time. It’s amazing what new ideas you can come up with.
- Exercise – No, it’s not a dirty word. Exercise stimulates the body and brain, getting the blood and creative juices flowing. If you’re not into the gym or boot camp, just go for a walk in pleasant surroundings.
- Do you have a hobby? Take time away from your business to get out into nature, do some gardening, paint, draw or take photos. These creative activities can stimulate your thinking within the business.
- Get colourful – get out the paper and coloured pencils and draw a mind map by placing the issue in the centre of the page and exploring a range of options. Use a different colour for each option.
- Study your competitors – Check out how they’re doing things. The idea is NOT to copy them, it’s to look closely at what they’re doing and work out how YOU can do it better, much better!
Once you’ve given any or all these ideas a try, please let me know how they helped you become more creative and bring that creativity alive in your business.
Also feel free to share an idea you have for exploring creativity in business. Happy creating!
Lyndall Guinery-Smith is The Professional Writer. She loves to write copy dedicated to attracting and engaging your customers, and improving your bottom line.
Lyndall has a strong background in Real Estate and is a specialist Property Copywriter. She happily works with clients all round Australia. Email her to arrange an obligation-free discussion about your latest project.