5 top tips to help get your business article published
You want to promote your business and attract more customers. You’ve done your research and found out that writing a press release or article is a great way to start the ball rolling.
Here are some tips to get you started:
- Know your market – Before you begin, you need to know exactly who your target market is, i.e. who will buy your products or services, then tailor the press release or article specifically to attract the attention of that target market.
- Where to publish – Once you know your market, you’ll need to find out where they get their information, i.e. do they read certain websites or publications? Where are you most likely to get their attention?
- Set the tone – Knowing your target market, are they more likely to relate to a formal, business-like tone or a more relaxed and friendly approach?
- Your story angle – To get the attention of an editor, you’ll need a good story angle – something that is of interest to their readers. Can you: Save them time, money or stress? Help them plan for a holiday, better future or family needs? Think about how you can help solve the reader’s problem.
- Research your publication – Contact the magazine, newspaper or website where you wish to publish your article and ask whether they take freelance submission or press releases before you start writing. If the answer is yes, ask them what their editorial guidelines are and make sure you stick to those rules when writing and submitting your article.
Lyndall Guinery-Smith is The Professional Writer. She loves to write copy dedicated to attracting and engaging your customers, and improving your bottom line.
Lyndall has a strong background in Real Estate and is a specialist Property Copywriter. She happily works with clients all round Australia. Email her to arrange an obligation-free discussion about your latest project.