5 powerful ways to get noticed … without breaking the bank
1. Name tags – Do you have a name tag? Do your staff members have them? Have you noticed how people wearing name tags are often more approachable? By putting your name up front, you’re giving your customers a chance to get to know you and taking an important step towards them liking and trusting you too. At networking events, having your own name tags can make it easier for people to remember you.
When you have the tags printed, your name needs to be in large bold type, so it’s easy to see. The tag should also include your business name, logo and/or corporate colours. Customised name tags are available at most specialty stationery shops.
2. Uniforms – Similar to name tags, a uniform can convey your corporate image through colour and style. They can make you look more professional and also make you more memorable to customers, as well as portray a sense of unity and pride amongst your team.
Do your research and find a uniform which suits your business and personality. You don’t have to spend a fortune. Check with your accountant regarding the rules for tax deductibility on uniforms.
3. Car stickers – Your own mobile billboard. You can choose to cover the entire vehicle in your branding, use the rear window as an advertisement, or print bumper stickers to share amongst your family, friends and customers. All are an excellent opportunity to grab the attention of potential customers and remind your existing customers to return.
4. Brochures – Ask complementary businesses whether you can do a brochure swap, i.e. you display their brochures and they display yours. A brochure provides more information than a business card, and when written well, can influence your prospect to pick up the phone and call you!
5. Business card with photo – Having your photo on your card helps people to remember you. A professional photo helps you look approachable too.
Got something you’d like to add to the list? If there’s a branding tip that’s worked for you, please let us know in the comments section below.
Lyndall Guinery-Smith is The Professional Writer. She loves to write copy dedicated to attracting and engaging your customers, and improving your bottom line.
Lyndall has a strong background in Real Estate and is a specialist Property Copywriter. She happily works with clients all round Australia. Email her to arrange an obligation-free discussion about your latest project.